How To Wake Up Your Style With The Bed Head Look
I don’t know about you, but at least 93.428% of my time is dedicated to anything BUT doing my hair.That’s not to say I don’t spend a little time thinking about what I can do to maintain its health and keep it stylish between the office, my Pure Barre class, and on into girl’s night though! My natural look gives me confidence – and keeping it that way gives me the piece of mind I wouldn’t have if I assaulted my hair with a bunch of chemicals no one can even pronounce!
Now, I totally love the “bed head” style, but even I can admit there’s a big difference between actually rolling out of bed and straight into the office – and just LOOKING like it.
Fortunately, I’ve come across some styling tips that have helped me enhance exactly what my Momma gave me, and now I want to pass them onto you. Together, we can nail that next #WokeUpLikeThis selfie:
- ALWAYS keep your blow dryer pointed down. It helps seal the cuticle.
- Ditch your old flat iron for one that’s flawless! It will heat up in seconds, and maintain temperature for as long as you need it to.
- BFF TIP: There’s no need to pass all the way through the strands; start mid-shaft and work down. This keeps a little lift at the roots, while also sealing your cuticles.
- DO NOT overuse the flat iron! Even though it’s so awesome you’ll probably want to.
- Finish off with some dry shampoo to give it some grit and movement.
Some quick and precise iron work will perfectly mimic that natural wave quality that comes from lying on a pillow, or playing with your hair for a couple of hours…The only difference is that it is now all premeditated! Best of all, these tips will keep frizz under control, leading to the perfectly made-up/dress-down look.
There you go – now put down the flat iron and let’s go; the next Pure Barre class starts in 10 minutes!
Thanks to @janniellshantell for the photo! Find us on Instagram @NthDegreeHair